- What is leadership?
- What is the difference between leadership and management?
- Explain how leadership can be seen as a special case of social
- What are three examples of social influence in the context of
- Explain the three leadership styles (autocratic, democratic
and laissez-faire) and their effects.
- Explain the evolution of leadership theories.
- What is the great man theory of leadership?
- What are the personality traits of leaders?
- What is power? What is influence?
- What is a contingency approach to leadership?
- What are the differences between a task orientation and a
people orientation in leadership?
- Explain the managerial grid.
- What is the best leadership style?
- Describe a coaching program you would implement to improve
someone's leadership skills.
- What is transformational leadership?
Leaders tend to
exhibit which of these Big 5 personality traits:
Extraversion; Openness; Agreeable; Conscientious
b. Lack of Neuroticism; Extraversion; Openness; Agreeable;
c. Lack of Neuroticism; Introversion; Openness; Disagreeable;
d. Neuroticism; Extraversion; Lack of Openness; Agreeable;
Which of the following is NOT a criticism of trait
theories of leadership?
a. No universal traits predict leadership
in all situations
b. Unclear evidence of the cause and effect of relationship of
leadership and traits. (Which comes first, trait or leadership
c. Traits predict behavior better in “strong” than “weak”
d. Overlooks needs of followers
The evolution of leadership theory is summed up
a. Behavior Styles Theory (1950's); Trait Theory
(1950's-1960's); Transformational Theory (1970's); Situational
b. Trait Theory (1950's); Behavior Styles Theory (1950's-1960's);
Situational Theory (1970's); Transformational Theory (1980's)
c. Behavior Styles Theory (1950's); Trait Theory
(1950's-1960's); Situational Theory (1970's); Transformational
d. Transformational Theory (1950's); Behavior Styles Theory
(1950's-1960's); Trait Theory (1970's); Situational Theory (1980's)
Which of the following did Manz
and Sims (2001) NOT report:
a. The quality of group output was better under democratic
b. Autocratic leadership took more time than democratic.
c. Member satisfaction was higher under democratic leadership.
d. The democratic group had the lowest absenteeism.
e. The democratic group fostered more independence.