- The goal of this tutorial is to participate in
exercises which illustrate group problem solving and leadership
List of Possible Exercises
Leadership Strengths &
- Brainstorm as many personal leadership strengths and weaknesses as
- Discuss with a partner
- Agree on your three main strengths as a leader and three main
areas for improvement
Identify which compliance tactic is employed in each of the following
- Bait & switch
- A Boy Scout asks you if he can paint your house for $1000. When
you say no, he asks you if he can mow your lawn for $100.
- A limited edition coin is being offered for sale.
- Conservation Foundation koala engages you in friendly conversation
before asking you for a donation.
- You want to buy a fabulous pair of shoes that are on sale. When
you get to the store, they are sold out but there’s an almost
identical pair available – unfortunately they cost $50 more.
- Friends ask you to mind their dog while they’re away on holidays.
When they return, they ask how you’d feel about keeping the dog
permanently (they’re moving into an apartment).
- With every Slim Dusty’s greatest hits CD you receive a bonus
Smokey Dawson CD absolutely free.
- You tell your Mum how nice she looks today before asking if you
can borrow her car for the evening.