- The goal of this tutorial is to experientially
engage students in the topic of social constructionism and to explore
social constructionism might be operating in their own lives.
- Create groups of approx. 6 which will remain intact for the
- Encourage name learning and name use within the small groups.
Optional: Use name tags.
- What are you thoughts about this activity? What did it
reveal? Did it illustrate social constructionism? Why or
- Use a separate sheet of paper for writing your A, B, and C lists.
- Use the box below to summarise your conditions and the group's
conditions for discussing undiscussables.
- Instructor's note: Consider truncating the final couple of steps.
|My conditions for discussing
||The group's conditions for
- Write your group's word-by-word story in the box below.
- Can you interpret meaning about the group through this story?
What are the messages of your group's story?