- The goal of this tutorial is to review the tutorials
via the use of group review, peer-to-peer feedback, self-evaluation and
Group Tell-A-Story (Semester Review)
- In a circle, each person takes a turn to tell part of the
group story of the semester. Start right at the beginning,
follow the sequence and give as much "memory" detail as possible to
re-activate and create a collective memory. Include feelings,
reactions, incidents, etc. Allow people to contribute extra
details to an incident, but make sure each person speaks at least a
couple of times as the semester unfolds.
- Tutor should note emerging recommendations for improving
Animal Feedback [50 mins]
- People often liken the behavior of themselves and others to
animals, as a way of characterising their perceptions of the person.
- Individually (on your own), choose an animal which for you
characterises the person's contribution in this class and write down
an explanation for your choice. [20 mins]
- In the group, each person shares their feedback for everyone else.
Tutorial Engagement - Self Evaluation [15 mins]
- Remind students what was decided on for the initial group contract
as a way of measuring the 10% tutorial engagement component.
Review this as a class and agree on the criteria.
- Students write up to 2 page summary of their tutorial engagement and hand
- Tutorial engagement marks will be ultimately decided upon by tutors and
posted on WebCT.
CELTS Tutor Evaluation [10-15 mins]