- An interesting way for people to get to know
one another is to learn about the geographical distribution of where
people come from.
- Ask participants to create a human map, by standing to indicate where they consider home.
Indicate North, East, South & West, then allow participants to position themselves to create
- Ask the person who is the
furthest what their name is and where they come from. Proceed to
ask each major cluster where they come from. In this process,
participants may refine or improve their map.
- Optional: To extend the
activity, ask participants to create a human map to show:
- where their mother/father was born
- where they would ideally like to live
- the fartherest place you've travelled
Time: ~10 mins
Create a human map
to show where people consider their home. Indicate North, East,
South & West, then allow participants to position themselves to create