Raptor and Other Team Building Activities
by Sam Sikes
Raptor is the 6th book by Industrial / Organizational Psychologist, Sam Sikes. Use these 42 fun and meaningful activities to increase team effectiveness in the workplace and beyond. This book is designed as a training resource with many sample scenarios and activity variations that allow you to customize and add life to your trainings, meetings, and learning events.
Raptor is the third book in a loose series that includes Feeding the Zircon Gorilla
and Executive Marbles
. This book, like the others, includes many new problem-solving activities. Perhaps one of the most exciting innovations is the use of mousetraps in several of the activities. Like the Executive Marbles book, this one also has a matrix of issues and concepts and team sizes.
• A foreword by Karl Rohnke who comments that "Raptor is a creatively structured book about games and initiatives that can be implemented in almost any educational program."
- 42 new experiential activities including seven using mousetraps
- The story of the Mousetrap Tower and its lesson about how performance is both physical and mental
- Co-facilitation techniques that work as you facilitate
- How to create your own activities
- Plenty of pictures and clear instructions
- Fun and learning opportunities for everyone!
Experienced facilitators are almost certain to be thrilled by the plethora of new, dynamic, versatile and well described activities. The mousetrap activities alone justify the purchase of this book, plus there are new hula hoop challenges, an excellent newspaper activity, co-facilitation tips and much, much more. Also, for those familiar with Sam's previous books, Raptor features significantly more photos.
This book is designed as a training resource. You will find many sample scenarios and activity variations that allow you to customize and add life to your trainings, meetings, and learning events.What is Raptor?
Like the other two books in the series, Raptor is the name of one of the activities. The activity is a competition between teams who are trying to strategically knock a pool ball into a small hole. The dynamics are similar to a scene from the movie Jurrasic Park where the veloceraptors were converging on the people as they cross a tall grass field.Related BooksMore Information
- 224 pages
- ISBN 0964654172
- Learning Unlimited